The latest edition of Interesting People Talking Wrestling sees me joined by NFL broadcaster and journalist Mike Carlson (@CarlsonSports)
You can CLICK HERE to listen/subscribe/leave a glowing five star review on iTunes.
Or if you’re not a fan of iTunes, you can CLICK HERE to listen to a stream.
The interview covered a broad spectrum of wrestling chat, from early WWWF, to the fantastic women’s AJPW scene of the late eighties/early nineties.
Topics covered included:
- What similarities the NFL and wrestling have
- His thoughts on the XFL
- Thoughts on the concussion issues currently being talked about hugely in both wrestling and football
- Some of his wrestling impressions
- Some old school WWWF chat
- His favourite wrestlers and matches of all time
- His admiration of the female Japanese wrestling scene in the late eighties/early nineties
- Which NFL athletes would make good wrestlers
- If anyone in US sport could be compared to Vince McMahon
- How The Wrestling Observer turned him into a serious wrestling fan
All that and so much more. Feel free to follow me on twitter @martinhines if you have any thoughts on the show, and get subscribing to always be the first to listen to each episode.
I’ll leave you with the top ten moves of one of the greatest female wrestlers of all time, and one of Mike’s personal favourites, Manami Toyata.
And just for good measure, here’s a nice video documenting the feud between Ric Flair and Terry Funk.