Interesting People Talking Wrestling returned with one of the iconic rock stars of the last 25 years. The Smashing Pumpkins, Zwan, and solo star Billy Corgan, has had a long and rather eclectic history concerning the world of wrestling.
You can CLICK HERE to listen/subscribe/leave a glowing five star review on iTunes
Or if you’re not a fan of iTunes, you can CLICK HERE to listen to a stream.
The interview covered the length and breadth of Corgan’s interest in wrestling, discussing topics such as:
- His first memories of wrestling
- Being involved with ECW in their pomp in the nineties
- His involvement with Resistance Pro Wrestling, his work as their Creative Director, and his plans for the future regarding the promotion
- What his ethos is regarding the booking of wrestling
- Who he is currently enjoying watching in today’s wrestling scene
- The similarities between the worlds of music and wrestling
- How an advert he did recently involving some of the wrestlers he is involved with has gone viral
- Which musicians would make good wrestlers, and which wrestlers would make good rock stars
- How close he got to making entrance songs for wrestlers
- His thoughts on the modern wrestling scene, and what he has taken from music into wrestling
- His favourite matches of all time
- An update on his autobiography and latest album
And so much more. Feel free to follow me on twitter @martinhines if you have any thoughts on the show or just to have a chat, and get subscribing on iTunes to always be the first to listen to each episode.
Here’s a link to the latest edition of Resistance Pro TV:
And the advert which everybody is talking about:
Just for kicks, let’s end with one of the greatest songs of all time.