Interesting People Talking Wrestling returned this week with academic, author and journalist Carrie Dunn, who spoke about her new book about British wrestling entitled “Spandex, Screw Jobs and Cheap Pops.
You can CLICK HERE to listen/subscribe/leave a glowing five star review on iTunes
Or if you’re not a fan of iTunes, you can CLICK HERE to listen to a stream.
Topics discussed included:
- The concept behind the book
- Challenges Carrie faced in putting the book together
- Who she interviewed and how she amassed a large amount of interviewees for the book
- Why British wrestling appeals to her
- Which British wrestling promotions and wrestlers are currently excelling
- How she is perceived as a woman in the wrestling industry
- Which musical stars would make good wrestlers
Feel free to follow me on twitter @martinhines if you have any thoughts on the show or just to have a chat, and get subscribing on iTunes to always be the first to listen to each episode.
Here’s the classic Channel 4 ‘Faking It’ episode discussed on the show, where a ballet dancer became a wrestler. It’s a must watch.