Episode two of Talking And Listening was a football themed one, as Rohan Ricketts (@RohanRicketts) joined the show to talk about his career which has seen him play all over the world, from England to Moldova, Germany to Ecuador, India to Hungary. Rohan is also a football pundit, media mogul, and had a lot to say in a very revealing interview from a player still in the game.
You can CLICK HERE to listen/subscribe/leave a glowing five star review on iTunes
Or if you’re not a fan of iTunes, you can CLICK HERE to listen to a stream.
Topics discussed included:
- Rohan’s time at Arsenal where he started his career, and his move to Spurs
- His time at Spurs and how he flourished under Glenn Hoddle – plus his thoughts on Hoddle as a manager
- Stories of how his career finished at Spurs due to the appointment of David Pleat as manager
- How players of his style are routinely ignored in English football
- His time in Moldova where he was forced to leave the country despite being owed big money
- His theories on why English teams are reticent to sign him
- Where his favourite and least favourite places to play are
- Just how tough Stevenage’s training methods are under Graham Westley
- Where it went wrong at his last English club Exeter City
- How England can improve as a footballing nation
All that and so much more including his tales of playing with Zinedine Zidane, and what would happen if Floyd Mayweather was an English footballer.
Feel free to follow me on twitter @martinhines if you have any thoughts on the show or just to have a chat, and get subscribing on iTunes to always be the first to listen to each episode. You can visit Rohan’s website by clicking here.
Here’s a montage of some of Rohan’s greatest hits.