Welcome to episode one of the Punch-Up, a new boxing podcast with a simple theme. Every week a boxing personality will be interviewed about their life and career in the sport. From fighters to trainers, referees to journalists, people from all walks of life in the sport will share their stories and memories of boxing.
We start with Gary Lockett, a former world title challenger as a professional, and now one of the most respected boxing trainers in Britain.
You can CLICK HERE to listen/subscribe/leave a glowing five star review on iTunes
Or if you’re not a fan of iTunes, you can CLICK HERE to listen to a stream.
Topics discussed includes:
- Gary’s overall interest in boxing throughout his life
- Thoughts on his professional career and how he felt that went
- His last fight against Kelly Pavlik in Atlantic City for the WBC/WBO Middleweight titles
- His retirement and switch to training fighters
- How he trains fighters, and what methods he uses
- The future of his current stable including Enzo Maccarinelli, Gavin Rees, and Dale Evans
- The current state of Welsh boxing
All that and much more as well within the interview.
Feel free to follow me on twitter @martinhines if you have any thoughts on the show or just to have a chat, and get subscribing on iTunes to always be the first to listen to each episode. You can contact Gary on twitter @TheLockettMan