Welcome to episode four of the show with Craig McEwan, a former Freddie Roach trained middleweight boxer currently based in Scotland.
You can CLICK HERE to listen/subscribe/leave a glowing five star review on iTunes
Or if you’re not a fan of iTunes, you can CLICK HERE to listen to a stream.
Topics discussed included:
- Craig’s extensive amateur career which included a bronze medal at the 2002 Commonwealth Games
- Turning professional in 2006 under the banner of Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions
- His early professional career
- Beating Brian Vera and Darnell Boone over a six week period
- Sparring stories including tales of sparring Vernon Forrest, Winky Wight, and Martin Murray
- Life in the Wildcard gym, pre and post Manny Pacquaio’s rise to the top
- His professional defeats, and how they came to be
- Plans for the future, including possible fights against British based fighters including Chris Eubank Jr, and John Ryder
All that and much more in a very candid and honest interview.
Feel free to follow me on twitter @martinhines if you have any thoughts on the show or just to have a chat, and get subscribing on iTunes to always be the first to listen to each episode. You can contact Craig on twitter @CraigMcEwan13